Sunday, March 9, 2008


Today was not, by any stretch of the imagination, an easy day. I rarely go home, and every time that I do I feel guilty for leaving my family behind. Today seemed a little worse than usual, and that kind of drifted over into tonight just not being so great. I thought that my ex girlfriend was coming to town tonight, so I was very nervous driving back today...I'm really not ready or looking forward to seeing her. I mean...one part of me does want to, but the other part knows what's best for me. What's best for me is to keep moving in this direction that I'm headed in. I'm not really sure what it is, but it's not backwards. I left my dogs back home because the Jeep will be too full next weekend...the house seems so empty and depressed. I'm guessing she's not showing up so the nervousness is starting to fade and I am ready to just sit back and watch Darjeeling Limited. It seems interesting, but my mind is kind of getting lost in thought tonight...meaning it will be difficult to concentrate on the movie. So far the music is really great, though.
On the opposite side of the spectrum, my drive today was gorgeous. It was about 68 F when I left Dothan, and only drifted off a few degrees on my way to Tuscaloosa. I stopped by ArtWurks to take a picture of the guy's rooster that is made out of car bumpers. I've seen in a billion times, but never taken any pictures to share with those unfortunate few who have never noticed it on the side of 231 N.

The greatest thing about the drive to and from home is that during this time of year the sun will shine intermittently through the trees in extremely bright rays that flash in milliseconds. If you close your eyes it makes some sort of kaleidoscope...and I enjoy that...so I made some attempt at a video of this oh-so-awe inspiring natural phenomenon. Actually I'm just trying to make it sound as great as it feels...





And that's enough for today. Hope all is well with everyone.

No comments: